While most of my memories leading up to Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace were positive, the best one I have as a direct result of the movie was falling off a chair from laughing so hard at the video review by Red Letter Media. The 70-minute evisceration of the film is a work of unparalleled genius and turned the review persona of Mr. Plinkett into an internet legend.
With the film being released in theaters this weekend, Red Letter Media couldn’t pass up the chance to get a few more views by following George Lucas’ lead and converting the review to 3D. Check it out.
Here are both parts of the review from Red Letter Media‘s site. Of course, you’ll need the old school red and blue 3D glasses for the experience to work. The Real-D ones you left in your pocket after Tintin will not do the trick.
Here’s Part 1.
And here’s Part 2.
And here’s a link to our original post of this review when it was just in 2D.
- ‘Star Wars’ Fan Writes 108-Page Rebuttal to Red Letter Media’s ‘Phantom Menace’ Review
- Five New Posters For ‘Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D’ Are So Good, You Almost Forget How Bad It Is
- Watch Red Letter Media’s Takedown of ‘Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull’
- ‘Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D’ Trailer
- First Poster For ‘The Phantom Menace’ in 3D Ignores the Film’s Two Worst Aspects
- Six ‘Star Wars’ Blu-ray Promos Try to Remind You That You Still Love These Movies