Doug Liman‘s upcoming sci-fi action film starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt has been given a new title. Originally called All You Need Is Kill, which also is the name of the original graphic novel by Hiroshi Sakurazaka, the film has now been renamed Edge of Tomorrow. It’s definitely a less confusing, more catchy title for the June 2014 release. The film is about a futuristic world where a soldier is caught in a time travel loophole, consistently dying in battle, but in the process also hardening into a military powerhouse, and probing for the weakness of his enemy.
Below, check out the first poster for the film.
That’s bad-ass. Plus, it confirms we’ll learn more about the film at Comic-Con. And, finally, what about that hashtag? #LiveDieRepeat.
Here’s the description of the film:
Humanity is at war with an alien race known as Mimics, and Lt. Col. Bill Cage (Tom Cruise) is an officer who has never seen a day of combat until he is unceremoniously demoted and then dropped—untrained and ill-equipped—into what amounts to little more than a suicide mission. Cage is killed within minutes, managing to take an Alpha down with him. But, impossibly, he awakens back at the beginning of the same hellish day, and is forced to fight and die again…and again. Direct physical contact with the alien has thrown him into a time loop—dooming him to live out the same brutal combat over and over.
But with each pass, Cage becomes tougher, smarter, and able to engage the Mimics with increasing skill, alongside Special Forces warrior Rita Vrataski (Emily Blunt), who has lain waste to more Mimics than anyone on Earth. As Cage and Rita take the fight to the aliens, each repeated battle becomes an opportunity to find the key to annihilating the alien invaders and saving the Earth.
- First Look: Tom Cruise Dons a Robot Suit for Doug Liman’s ‘All You Need is Kill’ [Updated With High-Res]
- Warner Bros. Will Release Tom Cruise Time-Bender ‘All You Need Is Kill’ in March 2014
- Denzel Washington Confirmed as ‘The Equalizer;’ Tom Cruise Sci-Fi Film ‘All You Need is Kill’ Greenlit
- Emily Blunt Joins Tom Cruise In Doug Liman’s ‘All You Need Is Kill’
- Casting Bits: T.I. May Join Tom Cruise in ‘We Mortals Are;’ Christopher Meloni in ‘Small Time;’ Jason Ritter, Gillian Jacobs and More in ‘Teddy Bears’
- Tom Cruise Close to Signing For Time-Loop Sci-Fi War ‘All You Need Is Kill’